Thursday, February 15, 2007

Beginning!

Welcome to my blog spot!!

This is a huge learning curve for me. I am told it is easy...we will see!! I want to be able to share what I am doing here, as well as pictures of what is happening...and there seems to be alot happening all the time. I have found that I look forward to the time that I spend in your blogs, and I hope you will enjoy mine as well. I am sure this will also encourage me to take pictures!
So here it goes!
Today was a miserable day weatherwise. It rained all day. I usually start my day about 630 am. I do some yoga exercises first to loosen up my stiff joints. It is working so far as I have not had so much trouble with a sore lower back. I subscribed to Prevention magazine...a small monthly mag that has some very interesting articles on health and exercise...short articles that are easy to read before I fall asleep. Pam and I usually head out for morning chores about 7 or 730. This includes checking the cows and calves on the hill...which includes seeing if there are new calves, taking hay out to the new mom and her baby to keep them away from the barn where it is MUDDY and deep, making sure everything is healthy, tagging and weighing the new babies in the newest contraption...a calf capture cage. I wish I had a video of using this the first time...I laughed so hard...it was very funny. I will get a picture of it tomorrow as there is a calf waiting to be weighed...it was born late this afternoon in the rain and the mud...amazingly they can survive some terrible conditions. We also feed at the red barn...a cow and her twins, and another cow with her calf and the cats...then it is out to check on the first calf heifers, then over to the horse barn to clean up after them and feed. We then come home and do office work, and eat breakfast and that is our "regroup" time. We plan our day. I have learnt that this is not a job that you can "plan your work and work your plan"! As soon as you start to do one job you find there are about 3 other smaller jobs in order to get the big job done.
This is my first post. Bear with me...I will get the hang of it!

No comments: